Official Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET CONNECTION IS REQUIRED TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU (IF A MINOR IN YOUR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE, YOUR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN) ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT ENTER OR PARTICIPATE IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES & D.C., 16 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
- Sweepstakes Description: THE “PLAYMONSTER® SNAP SHIPSTM BUILD TO BATTLE SWEEPSTAKES” (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”) IS GOVERNED BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND PROMOTES PLAYMONSTER LLC’S SNAP SHIPSTM TOY LINE (THE “TOYS”). More information about Snap Ships can be found for free at www.snapships.com.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States & the District of Columbia, sixteen (16) years old or older at the time of entry (the “Entrant(s)”) as defined below. An individual under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of legal residence, which is generally eighteen (18) years of age (a “Minor”) should have his or her parent or legal guardian’s permission before participating in the Sweepstakes. In all cases, where a Minor is an entrant or prize winner, entrant/prize winner/you/your refers to such Minor and the Minor’s parent or legal guardian acting on his/her behalf.
All employees of PlayMonster LLC (“Sponsor”), Snap Ships LLC, and each of their respective partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, distributors, advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors, and representatives (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), or immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households of such (whether or not related), are not eligible to participate or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on September 14, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on September 25, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible Entrants (“you” and “your”) can enter the Sweepstakes online-only by accessing the Sweepstakes website at www.SnapShipsSweeps.com (the “Website”). Entrant must complete the electronic entry form on the Website completely (including inputting your personal information – first and last name, birthdate, email address, city and state), enter a video URL, acknowledge agreement to the Official Rules and click “Enter”.
If participating via mobile device, you understand and agree that wireless Internet access and other charges may apply. You are advised to review your wireless carrier’s rate plan BEFORE participating in the Sweepstakes via mobile device. Wireless Internet access is not available in all areas and not all mobile devices allow for wireless Internet access or are compatible with the Website.
The video should contain you saying, “Can You Build to Battle!?” Use a funny voice, shout, or do a dance move. Videos should be no longer than fifteen (15) seconds. Any video longer than fifteen (15) seconds will be ineligible and will not be considered.
- By uploading a video, Entrant warrants that he/she is the sole author and copyright owner of the entry or has the permission (via license or otherwise) to use or incorporate those entry portions authored or owned by third parties.
- All participants in the video must understand and agree that the video may be shared publicly via social media and other online platforms. Anyone under the age of majority in your state must have permission from their parents or legal guardians to participate (whether as an Entrant, as applicable, or just by being included in a video).
- Videos man not have been entered into any other sweepstakes or won any other award.
- Entrants or participants should not attempt any dangerous stunts as part of their video.
- The video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous. Video may not include any hate speech, alcohol/tobacco/drug logos, references or use, or any other content that may adversely affect the goodwill or business reputation of Sponsor or the Toys.
- The video must not contain any material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the video is created.
You grant to Sponsor and its designees the non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable right and license to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce and/or otherwise exploit the video including display on Sponsor’s owned or controlled social media channel(s), website(s) or app(s), without further notice or any compensation to you. You further waive any “Droit Moral,” “Moral Rights of Authors” or similar natural rights of ownership you may have in the video and agree, upon the request of Sponsor and without compensation of any kind, to execute any additional documents so as to effect, record or perfect the grant of rights contemplated by this section.
You further understand and agree that (a) Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories and other literary/artistic materials submitted to it from outside sources or being developed by its own employees and that such ideas/stories/literary/artistic materials may be competitive with, similar to, or even identical to the submitted video and that Sponsor shall have no liability to you or any third party in conjunction therewith; and (b) Sponsor does not have any duty of confidentiality or other fiduciary duty to you relative to your video.
By successfully completing the foregoing, and subject to the entry criteria and limitations detailed herein, you will receive one (1) “Entry” into the Sweepstakes. Automated or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Sponsor may disqualify any Entries it deems in its sole and absolute discretion to contain obscene, profane, or questionable material or content. Final eligibility for the award of any Prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Note: Limit one (1) Entry per eligible person per email for the duration of the Sweepstakes. (For the avoidance of doubt, a given person may be included in another entrant’s video and submit his/her own video without violating the preceding entry limit.) Individuals may not register more than once using a different email account.
- Winner Selection and Notification: At the completion of the Sweepstakes Period, on or about September 28, 2020 (the “Drawing Date”), Sponsor will select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner and five (5) potential First Prize winners in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The winner selection procedure will NOT take into consideration the quality of the Entrant’s video. However, if the video in the Entry violates the content guidelines, the Entry will be deemed void. The potential winners will be notified on or about September 29, 2020 at the email address which was provided as part of their Entry. If any Prize correspondence (including email) is returned as non-deliverable, Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- Prizes: Grand Prize (1): One (1) verified Grand Prize winner will receive the entire “fleet” of Snap Ships and a virtual Snap Ships “Build Party” for winner and up to ten (10) guests. The “fleet” of Snap Ships consists of one (1) each of the following: Snap Ships™ Lance SV-5; Snap Ships™ Locust K.L.A.W. Stealth Craft; Snap Ships™ Sawfly K.L.A.W. Minelayer; Snap Ships™ Scythe AV-19 Tank; Snap Ships™ Sabre X-23 Interceptor; Snap Ships™ Scarab K.L.A.W. Interceptor; Snap Ships™ Scorpion K.L.A.W. Troop Dropper; Snap Ships™ Battle Set: Wasp K.L.A.W. Heavy Fighter and Falx SC-41 Escort; Snap Ships™ Gladius AC-75 Drop Ship; and Snap Ships™ Trident ST-33 Gunship (Target Exclusive) (collectively, the “Fleet”) and the Snap Ships virtual “Build Party” consists of winner’s choice of ten (10) additional Snap Ships valued up to $24.99 each along with an online meeting time coordinated by Sponsor for winner and up to ten (10) guests to build together. First Prize (5): Five (5) verified First Prize winners will receive a virtual Snap Ships “Build Party” for winner and up to ten (10) guests. The Snap Ships virtual “Build Party” consists of winner’s choice of any one (1) Snap Ships product valued at up to $44.99 and an additional ten (10) Snap Ships products valued up to $24.99 each along with an online meeting time coordinated by Sponsor for winner and up to ten (10) guests to build together. Grand Prize and First Prizes are each a “Prize”, collectively the “Prizes”. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $429.80 and the ARV of each First Prize is $294.89. The total ARV for all Prizes is: $1904.25.
- Odds: The odds of winning will vary and depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- Rules/Winners List: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners’ List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Snap Ships Build to Battle Sweepstakes – Rules and/or Winners’ List (please specify which), c/o PlayMonster, 1400 E. Inman Parkway, Beloit, WI 53511. All requests must be received by November 30, 2020.
- Terms and Conditions: Any attempt by the Entrant to enter more than the number of times authorized herein, using multiple names, email addresses, and/or systematic entering from the same IP address, and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give the Sponsor the right to disqualify the Entrant or Entries in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion. Automated Entries, including but not limited to, Entries submitted using any robot, crypt, macro, or other automated service are not permitted and will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, misdirected, inaccessible, corrupted, jumbled or incomplete Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by Internet users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes, the announcement or notification of the Prize winners, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials.
Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, “receipt” of an Entry occurs when the Sponsor’s servers record the Entry information resulting from the Entrant clicking the “Enter” button. Illegible or incomplete Entries and Entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements are void. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants who do not follow all of the instructions, provide all of the required information in their Entry, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Sponsor will be disqualified.
- Prize Winner Responsibilities: The Prize will be awarded in the name of the Entrant. In the event a potential Prize winner is under the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence, the Prize will be awarded in the name of the Entrant’s parent or legal guardian. The potential Prize winner (or potential Prize winner’s parent or legal guardian, if potential Prize winner is a Minor) will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within five (5) business days of attempted notification or Prize may be forfeited. The potential Prize winner’s failure to return all required forms in this five (5) business day time period or to comply with any other provision herein, may result in the potential Prize winner being disqualified and an alternate potential Prize winner may or may not be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Guests who are invited by winner to participate as in the virtual “Build Party” (or their parent of legal guardian, if a Minor), will be required to sign a Liability/Publicity Release (unless legally prohibited). Sponsor’s sole obligation to award the Prize is solely to provide it to the Entrant; and, should anyone else participating in the video or Prize have any objection or claim as to receipt of the Prize (or any portion thereof) or use of participant’s likeness or voice in winning Entrant’s Entry, the sole recourse of such participant is against the winning Entrant and NOT Sponsor. Participating in a Prize winner’s video does not guarantee that you will be selected by Prize winner to participate as a guest in the virtual “Build Party”. By accepting the Prize, winner (and guests) acknowledge and agree to compliance with these Official Rules, which are final and binding. Winner acknowledges that decisions of Sponsor and its agencies, with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes, are final and Prize is non-transferable. No substitution of Prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a Prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. Prizes will only be awarded to addresses within the United States. Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes connected with receipt of Prize, the use and enjoyment of Prize, or any other connection with this Sweepstakes unless otherwise required by law or unless this requirement is waived in writing by an authorized representative of Sponsor, in its sole discretion. The ARV of the Prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the Prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. The Prize will only be awarded up to the actual number of guests attending the virtual Build Party and should the winner have fewer than the full complement of guests, no alternative prize or compensation will be awarded. Unclaimed Prizes may not be awarded. Any and all Prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Prize winner. The virtual “Build Party” shall last up to sixty (60) minutes and must take place between October 24, 2020 and October 31, 2020. Sponsor will coordinate the date and time of the virtual “Build Party” with the winner, however, the final date and time shall be at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor shall moderate and may record the “Build Party”. Internet access is required for winner and guests to participate in the virtual “Build Party” and participants agree to maintain behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection therewith.
- Releases. The Sweepstakes Entities, and any and all Internet server(s), application provider(s) and access provider(s), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, retailers and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including without limitation any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device (or information stored thereon) relating to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; any injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes (including while performing in or editing the video) or any violation of these rules by them, and/or use or misuse of the Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; inability to access any website or application; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website or application for any other reason whatsoever; typographical, printing or other errors; any mail requests which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, or postage due, or any combination thereof. Proof of attempting to submit an Entry is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, incomplete and Entries in excess of the limits stated above will be disqualified. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. False, fraudulent or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules.
- Governing Law/Limitation of Liability: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants and Releasees in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Wisconsin without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Wisconsin. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Rock County, Wisconsin, United States and waive the right to have disputes arising out of the subject matter hereof adjudicated in any other forum.
As a condition of participating, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing), to the extent permitted by law: (a) that under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any); (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any) but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable and (d) participant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. Some jurisdictions to not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to you.
- Force Majeure: Releasees shall not be liable to winners or any other person for failure to supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption, work slow-down, civil disturbance, riot, network or computer problems, Internet problems, hacking, computer viruses, unauthorized computer access, tampering or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
- General: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes should fraud, viruses, bugs, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation/modification/suspension, Sponsor will award the Prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to cancellation/ modification/suspension of the Sweepstakes or otherwise in a manner of Sponsor’s sole choosing which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. If such cancellation, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted on the Website at www.SnapShipsSweeps.com. Releasees are not responsible for the actions of Entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including Entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Entrants or winners will be disqualified by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, for any attempt to cheat or tamper with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, to act in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, to threaten, abuse or harass any other person, or to circumvent these Official Rules. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (IN ADDITION TO DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES, IF APPLICABLE).
All Entrants must have a valid email address. Should multiple users of the same email account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said email account at the time of Entry will be considered the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry and that all eligibility requirements are met.
In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an Entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible. Releasees are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in Entrant’s email account to receive email messages. Also, Releasees are not responsible, and may disqualify an Entrant, for any change in Entrant’s email address, mailing address, phone number or any other contact information (as applicable) without giving prior written notice to Sponsor.
- Note: Entry must be made by the Entrant only as detailed herein. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website or email address, including, but not limited to, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of any device or software to automate the entry process is prohibited.
- Publicity: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants automatically confer on Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free worldwide, fully paid-up, assignable license to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness, city and state address, and to use, reproduce, display, modify and create derivative works of all or any portion of the video Entry for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including, without limitation, within the Snap Ships app and on playmonster.com in perpetuity, without further notice, approval, attribution, or any compensation (except to the extent prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Entrant further agrees upon Sponsor’s request and without compensation, to use best efforts to assist Sponsor in obtaining a similar grant of rights from other persons included in his/her video.
- Sponsor: PlayMonster LLC, 1400 E. Inman Parkway, Beloit, WI, 53511
© PlayMonster LLC. All Rights Reserved.
//END OFFICIAL RULES//