Players “Break In” to Discover Exciting and Mysterious Places as they Solve Puzzles and Peel Back Layers of the Expanding 3D Game
BELOIT, Wis. (February 22, 2020) — PlayMonster is launching Break In™, a game line which some have touted as a “movie in a box” due to its thrilling, immersive and entertaining experience in cooperative play. These experiential games will be shown at North American International Toy Fair in New York, February 22 – 25 at booth #435.
To escape, you must first… Break In™! It’s a collaborative experience unlike any other—and it begins the moment you lift the lid off the game box. Inside, you will see a 3D shape with graphics representing the area you are trying to break into. Your paperwork tells you to STOP and make sure you are all ready before you begin—gets your cards laid out and settle in with all the players. Read your instructions and then begin looking for clues to solve puzzles! Soon, you will be told to open the game board and unfold the first of three layers, expanding your board and revealing the next layer you have to explore to uncover clues that will lead you further inside! It’s a one-of-a-kind unboxing experience! Along the way, you see wonderful things, meet interesting characters, and complete amazing challenges using clever hints and a unique solution system. The final puzzle leads you to your goal, and then you must escape!
The Break In line debuts with three titles of different difficulty levels: Area 51, Alcatraz and Chichén Itzá. All are real places, with fictional stories built around them.
- In Area 51, you are an alien trying to rescue your ship that was stolen by humans and is being dismantled deep inside the facility. This game is for ages 12+ and takes about 1 to 2 hours to complete.
- With Alcatraz, you are attempting to break in to the prison in 1962 to help your friends, current prisoners, escape.
- The third title, Chichén Itzá, takes place in 1833, and in your studies of the ancient Mayans you have come across clues that allude to secret pyramids and a legendary throne. And now you go in search of them, entering Chichén Itzá!
- Chichén Itzá and Alcatraz are for ages 10+ and take about 1 to 1.5 hours to complete.
Each game is different, and will be a thrill for game nights for up to 6 players. In the end, you’ll be left with a 3D plastic “trophy”!
About PlayMonster LLC
Beloit, WI-based PlayMonster is a toy and game company that believes in the power of play to make a positive difference in people’s lives. Delivering great play value by designing, manufacturing and marketing innovative, fun products such as “TOTY Game of the Year” Yeti in My Spaghetti® and “TOTY Doll of the Year” Wonder Crew®, along with other award-winning toys and games like The Game of THINGS…®, 5 Second Rule®, Relative Insanity®, Mirari®, Farkle, SET® games, OK to Wake!®, My Fairy Garden®, Automoblox®, Marbleocity®, Kid O® and Super Spinner® is how PlayMonster helps keep play alive for all ages.
# # #
For More Information, Please Contact:
Lisa Wuennemann Jonathan Siemens
PlayMonster LLC Director, Marketing and Communications – ChizComm
(800) 524-4263 x1275 (416) 551-0822 x330
firstname.lastname@example.org new email email@example.com new email